Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: yo, Street Worm...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I assume you picked up Tom Waits' Alice, and Blood Money?

    what's yer take on 'em?

    I've been listening to Blood Money a LOT lately.
    love it to pieces.
    Alice, I like too, just not quite as much.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Street Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    7,350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ya know, I missed those when they first came out & only recently got them-
    Blood Money I've listened to a lot a really like it, But Alice just hasn't gotten a proper listening to yet.

    Out of all his albums, besides Night On Earth which I still have to get, I've probably play

    Blue Valentine
    Heartattack and Vine
    Swordfishtrombones
    Rain Dogs &
    Bone Machine

    most of all.........

    Frank's Wild Years
    Big Time &
    The Black Rider

    I hardly ever listen to~

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ December 31, 2005 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Street Worm ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like Small Change and Heart of Saturday Night a lot too.
    Nighthawks, as well. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Street Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    7,350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like those (& the first one)-they just don't get played as much........

    You get his new one yet?
    (new as in late '04 or very early '05 I think)

    1 8388a3100001626cae017512ac1f15b9

    It's a good one-

    .................

    oh yes-another one that never gets played is-
    One from the Heart (lol)

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ December 31, 2005 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Street Worm ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    didn't know he had a new one out [img]eek.gif[/img]

    I don't have a whole lot of his stuff...

    Blood Money
    Alice
    Nighthawks...
    Small Change
    Heart of Sat Night
    Big Time (which I NEVER listen to)

    I think that's it.

    I used to have Swrodfishtrombones, but it got stolen a day or two after I got it. [img]mad.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member toymank's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    6,855
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Blood Money is so damn good, it hurts. Or that's just gonerhia.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Street Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    7,350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gotta get you a Swordfish.............!

    & just for S&G's I looked up Calliope

    think it's the new one that he plays that on, though...........

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    there's a track called that on Alice, I think.
    or Blood Money.

    I'm bad with titles.

    and now that I see the new one, I do remember hearing OF it, although I've not heard it yet.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Street Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    7,350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pretty good Discography here

    just not up to date with the newest one.

    Guess I have all of them (except Night On Earth) & the comps...........
    I do have the 2 "Early Years" ones, though......

    Ever listen to any Marc Cohn, Steve Earl or JJ Cale?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Steve, yes, although I onlny have Copperhead Road now.
    my "live w/Dukes tape got lifted.

    Marc I've heard of from you, and my pal Nik is a HUGE Cale fan. me, so-so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •